Every year at the Web 2.0 Summit, Morgan Stanley Internet analyst Mary Meeker gives her view of the world, the Web, and the technology industry by quickly going through about 50 slides that illustrate the major trends she is tracking.
Late last month, Ms Meeker delivered her annual presentation as usual. What has she picked as hot for 2010?
Mary’s mobile internet take away
- Mobile internet is bigger than you think.
- iPhone is becoming THE mobile platform.
- Social media, mobile devices are changing communications and commerce.
- Mobile internet trends in Japan show how the future will be.
- Carriers will be crushed by demand.
- The Walled Gardens collapse.
- Apple wins, Google maybe wins, Research In Motion withers
Why are we telling you this?
To explain why we’ve just launched a mobile version of this site. Access us via your mobile and you’ll automatically be served a mobile-friendlier version.
It may not get much use now, but oh boy, wait till next year.