One of the neatest things about Trade Me — and after five years of studying the site, it still blows us away — is the way the Trade Me community helps others. Apart from the Community Noticeboards, where you’ll constantly find veterans offering advice to newcomers, you’ll also find a steady stream of charity auctions flowing through the site.
One that just caught our eye — sadly, too late to help market the auction but certainly time enough to offer a well-deserved bouquet to the organiser — was this auction for a truly wonderful visit to our jewel of the South Pacific, Queenstown.
On offer: “Three days of pure pleasure, action and scenic packed days at Queenstown for 2 people”
All money raised to be donated to the New Zealand Red Cross Samoan Earthquake and Tsunami Appeal www.redcross.org.nz
Over $2,000 worth of accommodation and activities, valid for 12 months at a time suitable to the lucky winner subject to availability.
Thanks to the kindness of the following local Queenstown businesses for their donations the package includes:
- Three nights accommodation for 2 people at Queenstown Motel Apartments in their honeymoon suite with lake and mountain views, a spa bath and breakfast or brunch at their favourite cafe. www.qma.co.nz value $820.00.
- Milford Sound Coach and Cruise for 2 people with Real Journeys from Queenstown. www.realjourneys.co.nz value $460.00.
- Travel on the TSS Earnslaw Vintage Steamship to Walter Peak for 2 people with Real Journeys. www.realjourneys.co.nz value $136.00.
- Skippers Canyon Jetboat trip on the Shotover River for 2 people www.skipperscanyon.co.nz value $218.00
- Lord of the Rings tour for 2 people with Nomad Safaris www.nomadsafaris.co.nz value $298.00
- Voucher for Dinner at The HMS Brittania Restaurant, The Mall value $100.00
- * Voucher for Dinner at Prime Restaurant www.primerestaurant.co.nz value $100.00.
Queenstown Motel Apartments owner Dianne Smith was behind the whole thing. You can read her story here.
Bravo, Dianne. Outstanding effort.
No related posts.