Another week, another Hot List. You can tell it’s summer — hot auction action includes kayaks, tents, barbeques and fish finders, as well as the usual collection of cars, gadgets & gizmos, and a surprising number of paintings. Some of the less common items amongst this week’s most popular offerings on New Zealand’s most popular site:
A pallet load of off road tyres – just the thing for the car enthusiast who has everything. According to the accompanying description, this load includes “4 Used plus 7 new tyres — various tread patterns, some with solid rubber centre tread ready to cut your own tread or use as is.” Current vital statistics: 186 bids, 1892 pageviews, started life as $1 No Reserve, bidding has now reached $505. Better hurry — the auction closes at 9.11pm tonight.
Polaris SLX1200cc Jetski 2004 — “2 seater, 109.1 hours, 140hp, new battery, trailer will have new rego and warrent when sold – was built with room to put tool box on front plus has rollers” — also started life on Trade Me at $1 No Reserve, now $4510 after 84 bids and 2789 pageviews.
365 White Pieces of Lego — one for each day of the year (Leap Years like this year excluded). Currently sitting at 47 bids, 142 pageviews and $30.01 the top bid.
Two Times Weaners Hereford X cattle — “both have been drenched, 5-1 vac, dehorned prim & sec ear tagged. Reared on Colostrium and Fibro Pro for healthy development” (as one would of course expect). 44 bids, 355 pageviews, currently tracking at $210.
And (a headline that caught our eye, which is all one asks of it): nestled under Art Supplies, Evil Tattoo Machine, boasting 10 coil wraps, join the bidding currently in progress at $68.25 after 44 bids and 322 pageviews.
Such is our round-up, drawn from the 500 listings that have proven most popular so far this week.
- What's Hot On Trade Me – 16 January 2008 Two-wheeled contrivances are in again. We’ve come a long way...
- What's Hot On Trade Me 23 January 2008 A pleasant change in the Top Ten Hottest Products On...
- What's Hot On Trade Me 22 February 2009 It’s always fascinating to watch bidders buzzing round and then...
- What's Hot This Week On Trade Me Amongst the week’s hot offerings on Trade Me: a classic...
- List #5: Google's 2007 What's Hot, What's Not If you happen to operate a rather popular search engine...